Sydney AirportLink is the train service that connects the Sydney International Airport and Domestic Airport to the Sydney CBD. Trains depart from the airport stations approximately every 10 mins between 4.22 am and 12.57 am the following morning. Journey time from the airport to the city area is approximately 13 minutes.
Stations on the line include
- International Airport Station
- Domestic Airport Station
- Mascot Station – Mascot
- Green Square Station – Alexandria
- Central Station – Haymarket
- Museum Station – Hyde Park
- St James Station – Hyde Park/CBD
- Circular Quay Station – Circular Quay
- Wynard Station – CBD
- Town Hall Station – CBD
Tip: To plan your entire journey on the public transport network use the trip planner at https://transportnsw.info/trip#/
Tickets and fares
You can buy single use tickets at the airport station or buy a reusable Opal Card which is a reloadable card which can be used on the entire public transport network of Sydney. It is slightly cheaper to use an Opal Card.
Opal Card can be purchased from the station and Relay or WH Smith stores.
Fares vary depending on exit station. The below table includes adult fares using the Opal Card and approximate journey times.
Sydney International Airport to
- Domestic Airport Station – $4.47 – Journey Time: 1 min
- Mascot Station – $8.47 – Journey Time: 4 min
- Green Square Station – $10.87 – Journey Time: 7 min
- Central Station – $16.77 – Journey Time: 11 min
- Museum Station – $17.38 – Journey Time: 15 min
- St James Station – $4.47 – Journey Time: 17 min
- Circular Quay Station – $17.38 – Journey Time: 20 min
- Wynard Station – $17.38 – Journey Time: 22 min
- Town Hall Station – $17.38 – Journey Time: 25 min
More about Opal Card: https://www.opal.com.au
Airport Station Location
There are two stations with one below International Terminal (T1) and the other below Domestic Passenger Terminals (T2 & T3). There is clear signage to the stations.
International Passenger Terminal (T1) AirportLink Train Station – Station Entrance is at the north end of the terminal past the Mcdonalds Restaurant.
Sydney Domestic Airport (T2) AirportLink Train Station- the Station Entrance is near Virgin Airlines Baggage Carousel 2.
Sydney Domestic Airport (T3) AirportLink Train Station – the Station Entrance is near Qantas Airlines Baggage Carousel 1.
- Visit: Website
- Address: Mascot Station Cnr John and Bourke Streets Mascot NSW 2020 Australia
- Phone: 13 15 00 |