Alliance Airlines Pty Limited is an aviation services company based in Brisbane, Queensland with operational bases in Adelaide, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth, Townsville, Darwin and Rockhampton. Alliance Airlines owns and operates a fleet of Fokker aircraft including Fokker 50 turboprops and Fokker 70 and 100 jet aircraft. Alliance operates fly-in fly-out (FIFO) air charter services for the Australian mining and resources industry, as well as private aircraft charters throughout Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and South East Asia. Alliance also provides aircraft component sales and leasing worldwide.
Alliance Airlines was established in 2002 when Brisbane based Queensland Airline Holdings acquired the assets of the dormant Flight West Airlines, which had been established in May 1987 and ceased scheduled services in 2001. Alliance commenced operations with two Fokker 100 aircraft and has since expanded its fleet and operational capabilities to service the growing demand from the mining and energy sector. It is a subsidiary of Alliance Aviation Services that was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 2011 and now has over 590 employees. In November 2015, Alliance announced the purchase of 6 Fokker 70 and 15 Fokker 100 aircraft from Austrian Airlines. In November 2018, Alliance was awarded CAPA Asia Pacific Regional Airline of the Year.
Alliance was recognised as the first aircraft operator in Australia to attain Flight Safety Foundation Basic Aviation Risk Standard (BARS) Gold Status in 2013 and in 2016, was recognised as the first regional aircraft operator in Australia to attain IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) certification.
Alliance undergoes regular safety and compliance audits including:
Alliance Airlines operates fly-in fly-out air services (FIFO) to over 20 mine sites and  services mining projects in Australia including Ballera, Cannington, Cloncurry, Groote Eylandt, Leinster, Mount Keith, Olympic Dam, Phosphate Hill, Telfer, Barimunya, Coondewanna, Newman, Leonora, Century Mine and The Granites.
Alliance Airlines provides aircraft charters throughout Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and South East Asia
Alliance Airlines offers regular passenger transport (RPT) on selected FIFO routes including:
From 17 July 2017 Alliance started flying to the following destinations in partnership with Virgin Australia
|Aircraft||In Service||Orders||Passengers (Eco)||Notes|
|Fokker 100||25||5||100||All coming from Helvetic Airways|
- McMillan, Scott (12 December 2016). "Alliance executes extension of contract with CITIC Pacific Mining". Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- SMH. "Queensland Premier clears Alliance Airlines, Australia's newest carrier, for take off - Latest Travel News - July 2002 - ASIA Travel Tips.com". Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Alliance Airlines - Our History". Alliance Airlines. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Alliance Airlines - Our People". Alliance Airlines. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- Schofield, Lee (25 November 2015). "Alliance Aviation creates new business and establishes a European presence" (PDF). Alliance Airlines. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- Debrief Australian Aviation March 2019 page 15
- Qantas stake in Alliance Airlines raises concerns Australian Competition & Consumer Commission 1 August 2019
- "BARS News - First aircraft operators achieve Gold registration status". Flight Safety. 28 May 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "IATA - Alliance Airlines Pty Ltd". IATA. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Alliance Airlines - Where We Fly". Alliance Airlines. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- Dyer, Matthew (12 September 2015). "Alliance Aviation signs new 5-year contract" (PDF). Alliance Airlines. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Book A Flight". Alliance Airlines. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Alliance Airlines adds new routes in Queensland as Virgin prepares to close Brisbane ATR base". Australian Aviation. 11 May 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "HAWKER PACIFIC SECURES ALLIANCE AS HEAVY MAINTENANCE CUSTOMER". Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- Helvetic Airways sells remaining Fokkers to Alliance Airlines
Media related to Alliance Airlines at Wikimedia Commons
- Visit: Website