Airlines and destinations
|QantasLink operated by Sunstate Airlines||Brisbane, Roma|
|Regional Express Airlines||Bedourie, Birdsville, Boulia, Brisbane, Mount Isa, Quilpie, Toowoomba, Windorah|
During World War II, the United States Army Air Forces 63d Bombardment Squadron, assigned to the Fifth Air Force 43d Bombardment Group, flew B-17 Flying Fortresses from the airfield between 15 June-3 August 1942.
Other USAAF units assigned to Charleville were the 8th and 480th Service Squadron of the 45th Service Group.
Charleville was also the western terminus of the Air Transport Command Pacific Wing (later Division).
The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) had a unit at Charleville. No 15 Operational Base Unit provided support services for transiting aircraft, such as refuelling or minor maintenance.
- PDF). AIP En Route Supplement from Airservices Australia, effective 29 May 2014, Aeronautical Chart (
- "Rex soars in Queensland as Skytrans falters". Brisbane Times. 15 October 2014.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6.
- USAF Historical Research Agency Document Search
- Address: Charleville QLD 4470, Australia