Melbourne Airport (IATA: MEL, ICAO: YMML) is the primary airport serving the city of Melbourne, and the second busiest airport in Australia. Melbourne Airport is the primary international airport of the Melbourne metropolitan area with the other being Avalon Airport near to Geelong.
- The airport is open 24 hours – lounges do not offer sleeping options although, there hotels on site and nearby.
- The pick of on-site hotels for layovers are the Parkroyal Hotel Melbourne Airport and the Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport.
- The airport is located 25km north-west of the CBD area with the most popular transfer option being the Skybus. Also see other transfer options.
- T1, T2 and T3 are in the same building, and within walking distance is T4.
- Free WiFi – look for ‘Airport Free Wi-Fi’ and log in via browser
- Terminal Maps: T1 Mezzanine Floor – T1 First Floor – T1 Qantas Domestic – T2 Ground Floor – T3 – T2/T3 Level 1 – T4 Ground Floor
- More facts about Melbourne Airport